AMEC NSS Ltd.
Client: AMEC (LSE: AMEC) is a focused supplier of consultancy, engineering and project management services to its customers in the world's oil and gas, minerals and metals, clean energy, environment and infrastructure markets. With annual revenues of some £3.3 billion, AMEC designs, delivers and maintains strategic and complex assets and employs over 27,000 people in around 40 countries worldwide. See amec.com.
Expertise: When AMEC’s Toronto location was looking to renovate their office, including their server room and looking for relocation services, they turned to Cesmic. We worked collaboratively with AMEC on this project to determine criticality, capacity and a growth plan to ensure the right solution for AMEC.
Project: The renovation and relocation services for this project included the following:
- 2 x 40 kW N+1 redundant UPS systems
- 1 x 30 ton chiller c/w "Free cooling" modules
- 6 x in-row RC air handlers (located between IT enclosures)
- Inter-rack cabling
- 10 x IT enclosures expandable to 12
- 20 x Rackmount metered power distribution units
- Remote management system to monitor chiller and chilled water pipes.
Results: We provided a customized solution that allowed AMEC to continue to meet their clients’ expectations.