Client: Lakehead University is a comprehensive university with a reputation for innovative programs and cutting-edge research. Lakehead University is known for its multidisciplinary teaching approach, and its emphasis on collaborative learning and independent critical thinking.
Expertise: We implemented a new data centre for Lakehead University.
Project: The scope of this new data centre’s implementation included the following:
- 2 x 80 kW N+1 redundant UPS systems
- 1 x 60 ton chiller c/w "Free cooling" modules
- 12 x in-row RC air handlers (located between IT enclosures)
- 36 x Rackmount metered power distribution units
- 18 x IT enclosures with power distribution
- Network cabling (rack to rack)
- Remote management system of all data centre components as well as monitoring chiller and chilled water pipes
- FM200 fire suppression system
Results: We developed and implemented a new data centre that met the needs of Lakehead’s unique environment and also supported future growth.